Friday, March 25, 2011

Task 3: Reach Out.




I have lived in Charlotte a little over 5 years. When i first moved here, i was in the "How many people can i meet!" mode. I would try anything and everything. I would go to any event, even if i knew no one there. Things change gradually as you live somewhere for a while. You find your bubble. You love your bubble. You slowly realize that you have built that bubble and its a little hard to leave. I don't go to events really unless its a sure thing these days. I have to know a good number of people i know will be there and i will be pretty comfortable there. So it just so happened that my little social butterfly friend, Daisy, asked me to come to a charity event last night, for kind of the same reason. We didn't really know who was going. We didn't know what schedule was going to be. But we did know that it benefited a child's place. and it was at butter, which is in gossip girl sometimes, so what was there to lose.

Well we did it. We got gussied up (even though when i put on my dress, it didn't fit right). We went out. At first we were like, welp we don't know that many people. But i did get to see some guys i haven't seen in a real long time and catch up. I also made a new friend, who is awesome, and i think we might be sleepy poet pals. There wasn't that much dancing (sadness), it was uncomfortable at times (maybe due to the high heels), but i did talk to some new folks and support a charity at the same time. All in all, reaching out wasn't too bad.

Since i wrote this late...today is go within.
Happy friday. thank god for spring. love and peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment