Sunday, March 27, 2011

Task 4: Go Within.

I have avoided this task for 2 days. Go within. What does that mean? I ask that question because I am horrible at this kind of soul searching, being quiet, waiting on answers, analyzing who I am kind of thing. I have tried. Sometimes successfully. Most of the time getting off task with my ADD mind in about 5 minutes. I am scared of quiet. I live for activity. For multi-tasking as much as possible. How many lists can i make and check off in a day. But today is as good a day as any to try this...To put it bluntly it sucks outside. Its rainy and cold and dreary. The weather is my nemesis. And it usually wins when it is like it is today.
So after putting it off even more today. I was like ok, lets do this. i took a half shower. I did some calming yoga, to slow down the mind a bit. and i prayed. and listened. it actually was nice to hear my own breath. to just be still and not feel guilty. That is half my battle. Guilt. My head always saying " you need to do this and this, and remember that project that you want to start...". So i prayed that i wouldn't feel guilty for just being. That i would be alright with it and even comfortable with just the quiet. So this task doesn't end today...hopefully i can try this quiet thing out more often. Stay warm and dry, maybe with a cup of tea. xoxo.

Task 5: Settle in. oh krap.

1 comment:

  1. this is good soul food. i like you. a lot. i am so thankful that you and Joel found each other.

    ReplyDelete